Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chews to be Wild

Snow makes me tired, gloomy and not in the mood for house work. So, this week with the crappy weather the house has gone unattended to. This morning when we woke to our daily morning rush and of course the vow to wake up earlier tommorrow, I tripped over a toy in the hallway, okay okay so it is time to get busy!! This morning I have been running around trying to get picked up, laundry done and dishes washed. Note to self: when the snow falls don't stop cleaning, we are out of control! Wild Man follows me around making messes where I clean, then he will play for a bit and bug Molly who is still feeling sorry for herself and her wound and then he will come back to help me again. In the midst of my cleaning frenzy I realize it has been a few minutes since I have seen or heard my Wild Man. I head out in search of him, and where is he hiding, in the "boys" bathroom downstairs. He has emptied the garbage can and is happily surounded in toilet paper, wrappers and trash and is trying to get the last little drop out of a Wendy's cup. I clean up the garbage and bring him back upstairs to play. He goes on with his play and I continue the clean up battle. He soon joins me in the kitchen, holding his sippy chanting more, more, more. I take his cup and notice he is chewing something. I bend down and see this little bit of pink poking out the side of his mouth. I get him to open his mouth and what do ya know................................... he is chewing gum!!! I am sure that he found his treasure during his hunt through the garbage. I laugh and take it away and he screams at me and trys to retrieve it from the garbage, luckily the kitchen can is to deep for his little arms. So, it leaves me to wonder........... how long would he have chewed it for? and who taught him how to chew gum??

4 comments:

  1. That is so funny. I love that he was chewing gum. It made me laugh. This weather just makes you want to do nothing. You just feel lazy. Today I amazed myself, I actually cleaned out my entire fridge. Can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that???? Hurry up summertime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That sounds just like a senario at our house lately. Big D is walking everywhere and getting into everything and giving us all a laugh with his funny personality, trying to be all grown up - a little of Miss Lilly and little of Master S ... makes a amusing combo! Anyway, great to see your blog -

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny! Sorry I haven't returned you call! It has been crazy around here and I forgot to call you back! I think I have your email address, I will invite you to my blog! Hope things are going good for all of you! We need to go to lunch soon!

    ReplyDelete