Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tired of the wait

Wild Man standing on tippy toe dreaming of warmer weather. A few weeks ago he got his first taste of playing outside. You could see the feeling of freedom in his eyes and the need to run up and down the sidewalk filled his legs and feet with excitement. But, now he stands, tired of the wait!!! he wants to be out there playing with his big sister and brother. He doesn't want to wait for the sun.
When it comes to waiting, we all have the moments in life when the wait is to much. Becoming tired of the wait sometimes consumes our every thought. I have also become tired of the wait, but for me the spelling changes to weight. I have felt the gloom of the lingering baby weight from the 1st child, added the pounds from the 2nd child and decided to top it off with a few, well okay a whole lot more ounces from the 3rd. They for sure are extra pounds I have happily carried around because they gave me 3 little wonderful people but seasons change and now it is time for me to shed my "wait". It is so easy to fool yourself with it's not that bad, and to use the someday I will do it. I guess they say it doesn't work until you have that moment of "holy crap! is that how much I weight!" And I had that moment. Back at the end of February when I had my gall bladder removed of course they want to humiliate you by having you stand of the scale. I stepped up onto that ever so great lieing machine and immediatly asked, "is that in pounds"? Okay, so that maybe it is a number to big in amy form of measurment. Well, that was my wake up call. I have started myself a little program, and the awesome dad at this house has climbed aboard and with him I can do it! I have lost, no not lost gladly given up 7 pounds so far. I started a few weeks ago, my hunky partner in crime just started a week ago and has gladly given up over 5 pounds!! I know he will loose more than me and faster than me but with him doing it with me, it will help me keep going. So, to him I say thankyou for doing this with me. And to little Wild Man, hang in there because your end to the wait is just around the corner, then no more banging on the window and dreaming of what it's like on the other side cause you will be on the other side and soon I will to, I will be on the skinny side.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! It must be springtime! We are trying to loose it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I have been trying to shed a whole lotta pounds. It is hard work! I will be rooting for you guys. We are so tired of waiting too!

    ReplyDelete