Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hitch hiking Thumb

The photo doesn't do justice to our Cheerleaders thumb. Going back a few weeks ago, she had a hang nail. No worry's, she pulled off the skin, then there was blood, and tears and lots of drama. A kiss, a hug and a bandaid always make things better. Right?!? Ya that's what this always paying attention mom thought anymay. Imagine my surprise last week when I look down and see half of your thumb nail is dead, the skin is all red and swollen and puss is dried around the nail. We visit the doctor, who is just part of the family these days and what do ya know, she has a staph (not sure on spelling) infection and is now killing the germ with potent antibiotics.
These days I have 2 thoughts; the first I really need a 2009 medical scrapbook, and sometimes you wonder if your really cut out to be a parent, hahahah!! No, I totally love being a mom but I sure felt bad that I missed her thumb and it took practically falling off before I saw there was a need for some help.
Anyway, she is on the mends now and will be back to hitch hiking in no time.

2 comments:

  1. that happened to brecken shortly after we moved here. she kept complaining of her thumb hurting and I didnt see anything on it i thought it was just chapped since she sucks her thumb. by the afternoon the entire top of her thumb (where your thumbprint is) was a huge white blister and by morning it was a huge yellow blister. I thought she got bit by a spider. I barely poked it with a needle and it shot across the room ,gross, and with in a hour it was totally filled up again and gray so i took her to the Dr and it was a staph infection we did the whole meds thing as well

    long story short ( since its your blog and not mine) Im glad she will be ok!
    oh by the way I will be there for a week the beginning of June we need to get together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing! I'm sure glad she will be okay. She is so brave!!

    ReplyDelete