Friday, April 17, 2009

WILLPOWER!?!

I need your help. With my quest to get skinny again I am loosing my umph. I have still been working hard but today the scale wasn't so great, I went up a few pounds! So not what I was wanting to see or even thinking I would see. My friend that I exercise with says it's from gaining some muscle, maybe, we have been working out hard, but it is still frustrating. I am starting to loose my willpower.
Willpower is something I have laughed that I don't have. But, I know I do. When it comes to other things I want bad enough I make it work; for example talking the Johnson dad into a trip to Disneyland (really not that hard), any time it comes to wanting something for my children I will work hard until it is done, nursing my babies- it was worth 2 1/2 months of nursing and pumping every two hours around the clock to bring my milk in so I could nurse Wild Man, working hard at my callings- I totally have the willpower for being great at my calling so why is it so hard to have Willpower for something that is just for me? I have willpower that sometimes far out reaches what I think is in me when it comes to doing for others but here I am trieing to better myself and I am a wimp. I don't want to give up, so I am wondering what are some of the things you do to keep yourself motivated??? Share, share, share with me.

5 comments:

  1. My biggest thing I do is to try not to focus on the scale. I know, I know easier siad than done! But take measurments and use that and how your clothes fit and most importantly HOW YOU FEEL!! I have been exercising hard 5 days a week for nearly a year and have gone down about 50 lbs. BUT I have been super stressed out lately and have not focused on my eating like I should and have gone back up a few pounds and have stalled for weeks and weeks. But I am super toned. My arms don't even really flap in the breeze anymore! So I am not letting the number hang me.
    Good for you for making this a priority. Focusing on yourself some, actually makes you a better mom. It gives you the energy, happiness and strength to be the best mom around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't have willpower either. I wish I did. I get really frustrated too. The scale does not ever move! It is so hard to work on everything & not see any change. Someone told me to just keep working out & the weight will start coming off faster & faster. But the key is to not get frustrated. Yea! Easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My advice is just weight once a week! Don't worry about the numbers!!! It will come off! I have only lost like 6 pounds since November but they have stayed off! I need to get back on the excercising!!! That is the key!!! Portions and excercise!! We alwasys have to remember that the weight didn't come on overnight ... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Call me and we can go for a walk sometime! Up and down 70th!! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have willpower for about 1 week then I give up! It is horrible! I need to be better! I know that I can do it and so can you! Keep it up, and also I could tell that you have lost when I saw you! You look great! Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete