Thursday, April 16, 2009

Turn down the volume!

We are ending our 3 week off track, the kids go back to school on Monday. We have done a few fun things while off. We headed to Elko for a few days and that is a PARTY all in it's self. This week I figured we should do a few more fun things, the weather has really put a damper on all the fun this off track time. Yesterday we went bowling and that was a blast!!! We also had our cousins over to play yesterday, so they came bowling; then we turned it into a sleepover and then went to the movie today. Being just me and 6 kids I got there early, got the popcorn and we got seated. I passed out popcorn, divided drinks and felt good in the fact that we were seated, quiet and ready for the movie. The theater is pretty bare and we are seated away from the other viewers. The previews get started and that is when a LARGE group comes in and of all the empty rows in the theater they have to pick the one behind us. It is 3 moms and each have 2 or 3 kids. You know those people I am talking about, the mom's can't sit down for anything, moving children here and there, kids are complaining, kids are begging for popcorn, and they have 2 or 3 that are already crying. I am thinking okay, they will shutup as soon as all is situated. Kids are all finally seated when one of the mom's says to the other 2 mom's who are sitting together, "This won't work, I want to sit by you guys so I can be in on the conversation to." WHAT?!?!?!?!? We are watching a movie lady! This isn't gossip time. So, they rearrange children and seats and then finally sit down. Then they each take a turn going for popcorn, upon each return there was more noise and bumping the chairs as they walk around passing out food. I was glad we were in front of them and not behind them, at least we got to see the movie. Anyway, one of the mom's was behind me and you know when you get the little snot behind you on an airplane who kicks the seat the whole flight, well I met his mom today, she kicked the seat the whole movie. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So half way through the movie when my little wild man got wild, I didn't care, he deserves the right to act his age, just wish she could have.

Now, that my venting is over. All the kids loved the movie and they were great the whole time. To those ladies I say, if I can go by myself with 6 kids and keep everyone happy, quiet and still what is your problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment