Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gone............... but never forgotten

Before there were 3 children running about.

Before there was this house we live in now.

Before we moved into 2 different apartments.

Even before there was even us as a couple.

The Johnson dad had his truck.

For the last 12+ years the growling, mean white machine has been the wheels for the Johnson dad. Then he became us and it became our truck. The first few years of our marriage it was our major way around town. Why go in an old beat up car- yes my car- when you can go in a buff cool truck that had a pumpin stereo and a loud here I am roar. During our dating and early years of marriage I may have tried to take it over. More than once I would drive to his work to say hello but with the intent to leave my wheels behind and take his. Our truck served us well, so many camping trips, and vacations and then when it's only meant for 3 people size was just to small for our growing family and the mini van became my form of travel, our sturdy truck still served the dad well. It shows the signs of great use, it needed repairs along the way and we took care of those because it took care of us. Even this many years later it was so fun to jump in, turn up the music and take just myself somewhere. I guess it is silly to have such emotions about a truck, but our truck has been there through all these 12+ years and holds some memories. So to our white machine we say good-bye and thankyou and to our new 4 door, gun metal gray toyota tacoma we say hello!!!!!!!! We hope that you can serve our family (and in this truck, we can all fit) just as well and as long as your competition did.

4 comments:

  1. Its always so sad to lose something with so many memories but a Toyota Tacoma!!!! I am soooo jelous. I just want a truck again. I cried so hard when we traded in our Avalanche. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I am a little emotional about that truck too!! I am sad he is no longer a part of the family. Congrats on the new Toyota!!! It will serve you well for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new car :) Sorry to see the white truck go ... amazing how we get so attached to things! I still miss a few things from our house there -- I know crazy, but I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I didn't even get to say goodbye. So long old buddy. Good luck with the newbie. I love the looks of the tacomas!

    ReplyDelete