Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Don't tell...................

Shhhhhhh......................................
I have a BIG SECRET!!
Okay, so just a surpirse for the kids.

When you think about secrets or surprises or little private plans it seems easy enough to keep it from leaving your lips. I can think back to more than a handful of carefuly kept secrets and may even now have one stored inside my head waiting for the time that I can spill it!!!! My lips especially sealed when it is not my secret to share. But, this secret kept mostly from the kids has been hard for myself and the Johnson dad to keep. We are planning a trip, a family vacation to well, if you know us then you know where. So, why has it been so hard to not accidently spill the beans??? We are forever covering up our comments or discussions and hoping that our children haven't figured it out. One of our children can keep a secret forever! and the other well, you hope that at least for the day and then maybe just maybe it will be forgotten so that the information won't escape the lips. Now, it leaves me to wonder wich child am I most like?!?! I have been so good at keeping secrets but man this is so hard, maybe the excitement of it all, or that fact that usually vacations are discussed during family night, talked about, calendared and counted down to that my brain forgets.................. I don't know the idea of a quiet to myself countdown to vacation is hard but the vision of the look on their tiny little faces in shock when we arrive at the airport hopefully will keep my lips sealed.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    I am jealous and so excited for you guys!!
    And it will be totally worth it to show up at the airport and spill the beans there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting!!! my next door neighbors from utah. took their kids out of bed in the middle of the night and drove through the night to go there and the kids didnt know until they woke up their. what a fun place to go and be surprised about it, even better!!

    ReplyDelete