Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baby Steps

It's always mixed emotions when your baby takes that next step onto something else. With Mr. Football and our beautiful cheerleader I may have encouraged those next steps, wanting them to roll, crawl, walk. Each moment a grand step closer to being such great little people and another photo for the scrapbook. Then along came Wild Man............. Don't get me wrong I love all of my children equally but I have loved, enjoyed, and just plain wanted the baby steps to go slowly this time. Could be that he was a little miracle we never thought would bless our lives or that being a bit older this time around I was in fact wiser and knew that all to quickly he would be off and running. I don't know. With the first two, I listened so carefully to all the advice, don't hold them to much, give them floor time, put them in a swing, never nurse them to sleep and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER hold them while they sleep. From the day he was born I was in love, I didn't care about all those spoiling rules; sitting on the couch, holding him while he slept and just starring at him consumed most hours of the day. (Maybe that is why he thinks he is the boss) Gratitude, yes of course, I was always happy to know he was growing normally and advancing as he should but it was also tearful for me because it was one step closer to being a little person and not my baby. Well, today we hit another mile stone in his quest for getting older, He no longer thinks he needs to go down the stairs on his belly, he wants to hold on to the railing and step down. I tried to stop him, I even begged him, then bribed him to stay my baby and just go on his belly, nothing worked! He wants to be a big boy and I want to scoop him up and hold him while he sleeps.

1 comment:

  1. It really is so hard watching them grow up so fast. I wish they would stay littl forever. I've always spoiled them too. You can never hold them too much. You are such a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete